Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Mary's Garden" : Hat & Shoes ~ 3 of 3 photos

"Mary's Garden" : Hat & Shoes ~ 3 of 3 photos
fashion design supplies
Image by Urban Woodswalker
continued from last photos

Production photo- shoes
One of a kind eco trashion fashion ensemble
by Mary Anne Enriquez
Copyright 2010

Hat and shoes embellished with plastic plant tags, and green Astroturf. Part of my Trashion Fashion "Mary's Garden."

www.flickr.com/photos/urbanwoodswalker/sets/7215762450606...

***************************************************************************************************

As the "Mary's Garden project draws ever nearer to the end (the runway fashion show is in less then 1 month) , I can finally say it was worth scrounging the ground for all the plant tags at garden shops, and having the strange looks as I picked the wet and dirty tags up off the ground, or out of waste bins...jamming them into my pockets. These plastic plant tags are NOT recyclable...gardeners and the stores that sell plants toss these tags out..by the millions each year.

Due to gardening passions, friends with green thumbs, and lots of garden centers nearby, I should continue to have enough of these for yet another project next year. I hope you will be inspired to create with plant tags too. They are durable, waterproof, and quite durable--making them terrific art/craft supplies.

********************************************************************************
Production photo
One of a kind Trashion fashion by Mary Anne Enriquez
Copyright 2010

Please see my flickr set "Mary's Garden" for complete production and design info for the entire 5 piece ensemble:
www.flickr.com/photos/urbanwoodswalker/sets/7215762450606...


Logo for SA Beauty Supplies
fashion design supplies
Image by mikecogh
www.sabeauty.com.au/



Revlon Supermodel 2006 / Reality TV show / SABC2
fashion design supplies
Image by *spo0ky*
Intro animation - Irrational Studios supplied original graphics elements to 10kilo who animated and composited the final product,,


"Mary's Garden" ~ shoes in progress ~ 1 of 3 photos
fashion design supplies
Image by Urban Woodswalker
I am in the last few weeks of getting "Mary's Garden" finished for the Trashy Fashion show to be held November 18th. (See my flickr set of same name for more info). My 3 accessories are finished, the bustier nearly done, and the skirt...well the end is coming soon i hope.

Which leaves the footwear my model will be wearing and constitute a 4th accessory.

These flip flops were purchased...on sale at Micheal's end of summer sale...for 29 cents! I bought these in my model Nancy's size 7.5, and knew I was going to embellish keeping with the garden theme of the entire ensemble.

The material I am embellishing these shoes with is a remnant of green Astroturf...the very same that is previously explained in my Mary's Garden set of photos here on flickr. I found a remnant of this fake grass down in the basement. One of the neighbors had covered her balconies in this...luckily the scraps were never tossed out. Covered in dust, I shook it outside and it ready to use and its a key supplies for my trashion fashion from head to toe.

********************************************************************************
Production photo
One of a kind Trashion fashion by Mary Anne Enriquez
Copyright 2010

Please see my flickr set "Mary's Garden" for complete production and design info for the entire 5 piece ensemble:
www.flickr.com/photos/urbanwoodswalker/sets/7215762450606...


See next photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment